Car lovers and trivia competitors alike can get behind the weird and fun world of cars. It’s said that after the second car was built, the first car race took place. Floridians are one of the biggest purchasers of vehicles in the states, so a little extra information about these automobiles we spend so much time in can be a fun thing to share with your friends.
- Volkswagen owns a huge amount of car brands. Care to guess what they are? VW Passenger Cars, VW Commercial Vehicles, Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Ducati, Scania, and MAN.
- A speeding ticket was first issued in 1902. Care to guess how fast? Despite the low powered vehicles of the time, the original ticket for pedal to the medal was 45 mph.
- The G-forces in a modern Formula 1 car make it capable of driving upside down inside a tunnel. Speed you ask? 120 mph!
- Ralph Teetor invented the cruise control. The twist? He was blind!
- If cars could fly… want to know how long it would take to get to the moon in a car? If you drove 60 mph, you could get to the moon in less than 30 days!
- 75% of all Rolls Royce cars are still on the road! Talk about reliability… or just great maintenance standards by their owners.
- The biggest speeding ticket ever given was for one million pounds! The ticket was given in Sweden to a man driving 180 mph!
- The most mileage recorded on an individual car is 2.95 million miles!
- The Little Tikes car, with red and yellow plastic and a hole in the bottom for children to put their feet through to accelerate, outsold all other actual car manufacturers during the 90s!
- Indy Cars use Honda engines - and since then, no Indy Cars have had engine failures.
Do you know any interesting car facts? Feel free to share!
If you’ve recently purchased a car, you may need to get it registered. If you haven’t, we can help you! Same day service is just a phone call away.